Monday, November 29, 2010

Book blog #6- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

People all over the United states would want to fly on a broom or transport things to their hands when they are too lazy or even destory people they don't like. Well now I take you on a mythical journey through Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows By J.K.Rowling. It tells a story about a young orphan who soon discovers that he becomes a whizard and goes through problems. These problems involve a lot of help with more than just money or a phone call away.
I can connect to Harry Potter because I used to be a confused  boy with glasses and a scar on my face since I poped my pimples. I did have parents though and became friends with people that I can connect to very easily.Even though this is the last book of the series, it still can show moments from the first book but just won't admit it to the readers.
Some of the characters in these books are freaks such as strange strangers,but these freaks aren't the usual freaks that will just maim you and go away. No! these people take maiming to a whole different level. People have always shouted out curses to each other and say vile things such as "karma is going to get you", and sometimes they come true but in this book all the curses come true with just a speck of muscle movement to make a simple wand to make your hatred come true.
A memory I had that was similar to this book was when I went to Staten island to go visit my friend and my friend ended up taking me all the way to the other side of Staten island to go to the Dunkin donuts at ,9:00 pm. While we were running across the street a bus passed by us and inside the bus looked a little similar to the bus that was the night bus in Harry Potter. I migh have been hallucinating but in my perspective it looked similar inside.So now I leave you the reader thinking about my response and how it will take you on a mythical journey as it had taken me on one.

2 comments:

  1. dimitri, this was a good post. but im confused about your theory, could you exlpain a little more? nice use of vocab too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you talked about real curses in reality and curses in the book. I also liked how you used vocab words.

    ReplyDelete