Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Book blog#11-Poetry

The poem I really enjoyed is The old year by John Clare. It's a poem about new years day and it also talks about the old times from the old year. Something that I obeserved that reallys speaks to me is that this poem is the line that says a guest to every heart's desire.

It speaks to me because it shows spreading of love for the new year which is really sweet. Another obervation i found was that the poem is very descriptive, stating that putting aside the old stuff for the new year is acceptable and great, when I think why can't both of last years and the new year's stuff be together? The final observation I made was that the years are acting like people and trying to recieve that special spot light for the most "popular year".

What I've oberserved and seen in this poem is that the two years are little children trying to fight for the spotlight and being the center of attention for the new year. A couple of years ago me and my sister would always fight over being the center of attention to get more things that we wanted but than as we got older we would realize we both earned and got that spotlight.I would always want to pulverize but I didn't and of course their would be another sequel of us fighting, but gladly their wasnt. To read the poem:

1 comment:

  1. i like how you made a personal connection in this post

    ReplyDelete