Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Book blog #3- The runaway dolls

   Did you ever know that small people can do big things in 1 day? well i know because i haave read The runaway dolls by Martin Godwin.  This book took me on such an adventure through mythical and actual imaginations/adventures. The characters.. excuse me the dolls in this book were very daring and  must always have some sort of adventure or quest with it.
    I really liked the book because it brought back so many good memories and it was also worth reading. It brought me back to the memory of when I and my sister would always hide around the house so our parents couldn't find us if we were in trouble but unfortunately they were always more clever than us and found us hiding in the best hiding spot we can ever find... the top stairs railing.
    This novel was really worth reading, no matter what age you are because it will always make you feel like a little kid again and bring you back to your're hide and seek adventures or anything else similar that you enjoyed playing when you were younger.  You might not eithen want to stop reading this book it keeps getting better and better. SPOILER ALERT! CONTINUE READING IF YOU MUST BUT IF YOU DONT WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS PLEASE STOP PROCEEDING!
    Alot of tension had happened in this book with the dolls because their was a moment when the dolls almost got sod by a woman to the wrong house and meet there evil minion Mimi, the evil fairy princess doll. 
      These adventures always had tension and i had relatable moments like that considering that i broke my wrist and while i was running before i fell on the ground, i started to weep, knowing that my predator hunted me down, tackled me to the floor, and than won his beloved trophy..my little wrist.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you said small people can do big things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dimitri,

    I really enjoyed reading the anecdote about you and your sister's hiding adventures and how you tied this in with the adventures in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that you are revisiting some old favorites. it can be so fun.

    ReplyDelete